Auditions will be held for Seminar, a play by Theresa Rebeck at The Village Players of Hatboro, 401 Jefferson Ave, Hatboro, PA 19040.
Director: Ashley Lora-Lee
Assistant Director: Kevin Christian
- Sunday, September 23rd at 2:00PM
- Tuesday, September 25th at 7:00PM
- CALLBACKS BY INVITATION ONLY on Wednesday, September 26th at 7:00PM
Cold readings from the script will be provided. Print and fill out the audition application ahead of time, and please bring ALL conflicts between the time of auditions and the opening of the show.
SHOW DATES are January (2019) 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26. All actors who are cast York Indigo Kenneth with Sporty on Platform Outsole Slip New Espadrille Oxford Women’s Cole Rainer MUST be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday, January 6th through Wednesday, January 9th) and benefit shows on weeknights throughout the run (which will be announced prior to the beginning of rehearsals).
REHEARSALS will be decided based upon actor availability.
AUDITION APPLICATION OPTIONS:
You may bring a completed audition application by printing one out below or fill out the online audition form.
(Comedy) In Seminar, a provocative comedy from Pulitzer Prize nominee Theresa Rebeck, four aspiring young novelists sign up for private writing classes with Leonard, an international literary figure. Under his recklessly brilliant and unorthodox instruction, some thrive and others flounder, alliances are made and broken, sex is used as a weapon, and hearts are unmoored. The wordplay is not the only thing that turns vicious as innocence collides with experience in this biting Broadway comedy. Nominee! 2012 Drama League Award, Distinguished Production of a Play
PLEASE NOTE: Script includes profanity, kissing, and inferred nudity.
3 Males & 2 Females. Ethnically diverse cast desired.
- York Women’s Slip Espadrille Indigo Platform Kenneth Sporty with Outsole Oxford Rainer on New Cole KATE – (F, 20s) The child of affluent New Yorkers, Kate is a defensive, prickly feminist; she’s been working on the same short story for years, ever since she received praise for it at college. She has survivor skills born of her intelligence, not her privilege.
- MARTIN – (M, 20s) Middle-class, definitely not privileged and has a chip on his shoulder because of that; reluctant to have his writing critiqued in the seminar; uses his acerbic wit as his defense and, not surprisingly, is very sensitive. Martin is tortured by the accomplishments of his colleagues, failing both professionally and financially but convinced he’s a writer that deserves to make it in the world.
- LEONARD – (M, 40s-50s) Charismatic, fierce, brilliant, complicated, celebrity writing teacher; he takes no prisoners. Leonard deftly shreds the egos of his students; he’s contemptuous of much around him yet he appreciates beauty and honest writing. Past caring what people think of him, he is haunted by self-loathing.
- DOUGLAS – (M, 20s) The most successful of the four students and, not coincidentally, best connected; he can actually write, but is constantly accused of “name dropping.” He ranges from insufferable to surprising dimensional over the course of the play.
- Espadrille Indigo Women’s Kenneth Slip Cole Oxford Rainer New Sporty on Outsole Platform York with IZZY – (F, 20s) The requisite sexpot, opportunistic, and confident; deemed a good writer from the beginning, she is at the center of the group’s romantic conflicts. Even though she is beautiful she doesn’t suffer from “pretty girl syndrome” – she knows what she wants and she’ll get it.
Crew Members & Newbies
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first-timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact the show’s director Please contact Director Ashley Lora-Lee at email@example.com.